Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I think I have finally repaid my sleep debt (2/10/09)

Good Morning!! Well, I think I have finally shaken this nasty cold and am back to my old self...more or less. There is no school today and I had intended to sleep in, but I woke up refreshed and ready to go at 6:30! It usually happens like that, which is fine actually. I like to get up early and get things done, as long as I have had a good nights sleep I don't mind. I needed to get a jump start on homework anyways.  
I got back into my grind yesterday and went for a run after school. It was a short 4 miles, but I ran it pretty fast, and it felt good. I have lost some of my endurance, but not my speed, which always seems to be the case.  I know that it's going to take a few weeks to get back into shape, or at least feel like I am, but I know that yesterday's run was a good start. Man, it is always so hard for me to get back on track when I have to take time off from running, or if my mileage has been low. I have a love/hate relationship with running. Sometimes it's so hard, and I just want to say "F-it!" and quit (which is usually in the first three miles while I am warming up), and then I hit that zone and feel like I could run forever. Well, I didn't have that feeling at all yesterday, and when I am trying to get my "running feet" back, it usually takes a few runs to get to that point. And, since this is my first winter running outdoors, it has been especially hard for me. Not that I don't get out there and run in 30* weather (which is warm for some of the people I have spoken to), but damn, it's really hard to get motivated to go outside when all I want to do is curl up by the heater. I guess that's what separates me (and all of the other runners out there) from people who just work out. I run because I love it, and love what it does for me, and how it helps me heal.  So, even if it's colder than frozen snot out there, I will still go and run.  I have a gym membership, and could just go in and use the tread mill, which I do when it's raining, but since i have started running outside, being on the TM is like pulling teeth for me.  Soooo boreing!  Now I just have to get my lazy azz out there and get back on track, because I know that once I get my flow back, I will be in love with running again.
Well, it's supposed to snow here today...which I am totally over, but I am going to go out and run anyways. It has snowed here a lot this winter, and it would be cool, if it actually snowed enough to stick and make a difference...not just make the roads slushy and ugly.  I hope to get in 6 miles, or maybe more today, so we'll see.  I am still trying to figure out which route I am going to run.  
Just to show you an example of how damn cold it's been (especially in our house), check out the cat's bundling up on Tim's lap. That doesn't happen very often, so I had to take a picture.  

Alright, I'd better get geared up and head out for my run before the snow hits.  I'm watching the weather report right now and it looks cold.  WHERE ARE YOU SUMMER!?  I would even settle with Spring....uggg.  Okay, I'm off.  I will report back later with my mileage.  I am also making yummy tofu stirfry for dinner tonight with harvest grains, so I will try and post some pics of my nummy dinner.
Have a great day all.


No comments:

Post a Comment