Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It was snowing yesterday, but I did it! (2/11/09)

Well, my goal was to beat the snow yesterday and get my run done before hand.  I was watching the news and it was snowing up north and hadn't come our way yet.....until I got out of my car and started running.  So, I got out for my run with an intention of doing about 6 miles and I ended up doing 8, which is my current long run distance.  It was snowing the whole time, which is a first for me.  I don't know if I enjoy running in the snow, it was cold and wet and a little uncomfortable.  I kind of attribute my being uncomfortable to trying to get back into my running routine, and I think that an 8 mile run in any weather would have been hard for me yesterday.  I am glad that I did it, but let me just say that I have discovered that I am NOT one of those runners that likes to run in any weather.  I don't care what anyone says, that does not make me less of a runner, it just makes me a cold weather wimp.  Hi, I'm Dayna, and I don't like running in the rain or snow.  There, I said it.  I did it yesterday, and will probably do it again...but like I said yesterday morning, WHERE ARE YOU SUMMER!?  Anyways, I am glad that I did my long run this week and got it out of the way.  I will be taking the day off from running today and just head to the gym to lift.  My knees and hips are a little sore and I rolled my ankle yesterday so I am going to go to the chiropractor and have him give me a little adjustment.  I haven't lifted in a while and am really looking forward to it, I just want to feel strong again. 
Well, I am off to school.  I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to start the day!  I am in good spirits this morning and the sun is shining, which tells me that today will be a great day!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment